Saturday, March 22, 2014

To Live is to Surrender

    There are so many directions I could move my life toward. I could strive towards money, love, popularity, spirituality, companionship, success, knowledge, adventure, fitness, creativity...the list is endless. How can I know how to navigate my life? I want to feel meaning and in purpose everything I do. How do I find true happiness and satisfaction in this crazy  life?
    What defines happiness and satisfaction? Dictionary.com defines happy as "delighted, pleased, or glad" and satisfaction as" contentment" meaning "ease of mind". How can I achieve peaceful delight?
    I have tried to find happiness in pleasing people, by going out of my way to mold myself to what I think they want  me to be. I felt that doing that would produce my purpose, because I would be needed. Instead, I got used to serve their personal gain, and I was still meaningless-just a means to an end. How can that cycle be broken? Where is my value found?
    God has shown me that my value is in my design. Ephesians 2:10 says "
God planned for us to do good things and to live as He has always wanted us to live. That’s why He sent Christ to make us what we are". My Creator made me with a purpose in mind, and I won't  achieve my purpose until my will is subject to His. True satisfaction is found in the One who is intimately in-tuned with your design. There is one relationship you were literally designed to have. http://www.hutchcraft.com/yours-for-life/presentation/alpha. In that is where our purpose is found.

    Genisis 2:7 says "The Lord God took a handful of soil and made a man. God breathed life into the man, and the man started breathing". Our very breath, the rhythm of life, is God's. When I use my gift of life to serve the One who gave it to me, my purpose is found. I find an ease of mind even in mundane areas of life. 
    I used to feel annoyed and overrun at work, but now I have joy! I used to rely on my own thoughts and ambition to get my through each day, but that left me exhausted and unsatisfied. Now, I give each day to the One who gave it to me. The results have been remarkable! He shows me how to be patient with difficult customers and serve them with His loving-kindness. 
    God has proven to me that to live a full life, I must allow Him to empty me of my own selfishness, and fill me up with His love and grace. The more areas of my life I let  go of and give to God , the more He leads me to true satisfaction. Ephesians 2:10 says "God planned for us to do good things and to live as he has always wanted us to live. That’s why he sent Christ to make us what we are". To let go and trust God that He will always lead me to a better plan, then I have for my own life, is so freeing! 
    I am free to live without worry of pleasing people. Now I can serve people with God's love and never again be used and meaningless, because my value is in my Creator.  The best part is that my Creator also created you! He has a plan for your life. He cannot wait to guide you into a fully satisfied and delighted way of life. Serving Him by reaching out is the ultimate purpose built into every humans design. God has changed me from the inside, out. My heart has changed and as a result my thoughts are transformed, leading to actions of His love for all of His creation.




   

"A thousand times I've failed
Still your mercy remains
Should I stumble again
Still I'm caught in your grace
Everlasting, your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, your glory goes beyond all fame

Your will above all else
My purpose remains
The art of losing myself in bringing you praise
Everlasting, your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, your glory goes beyond all fame

In my heart, in my soul
I give you control
Consume me from the inside out
Let justice and praise
Become my embrace
To love you from the inside out

Everlasting, your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, your glory goes beyond all fame
And the cry of my heart is to bring you praise
From the inside out
Lord my soul cries out"


    Many times this song has pulled me into deeper surrender to the One who gave it all for me to know Him. Imagine how much He would move in your life if you let go and let Him. Nothing could ever stop Him from caring for His people. His grace and mercy covers every mistake I have made. He is the lighthouse for my soul to navigate me though life. I will never again loose my purpose, because it is found in seeking His will above my own, through the flawless example of Jesus Christ. He is my peaceful delight, because I am His valued masterpiece!


                         For more inspiration about your "Untouchable Worth" check out
       http://www.hutchcraft.com/a-word-with-you/your-hard-times/untouchable-worth-5585
 or 
watch this video Anything But...Surrender.


2 comments: