Sunday, November 13, 2016

Fervent, Strategy #4: Family

Satan has a plan, a strategy to dismantle the unity of marriage because God created it as a symbol to humanity of the relationship between Himself and a believer (Ephesians 5:22-33). "He wants to disintegrate your family, dividing your home, rendering it chaotic, restless, and unfruitful (Gen.3:1-7)(Page 16)." Satan wants to contaminate the image of the saving gospel of Christ. This realization pushed me to claim this ground for my family.

It has, intentionally, been a few days since I last posted for that very reason. You see, Satan really wants to break apart and attack the family unit. Priscilla writes "If I were your enemy, I'd seek to disintegrate your family and destroy every member of it. I'd want to tear away at your trust and unity and turn everyone's love inward on themselves. I would make sure your family didn't look anything like it's supposed to. Because then people would look at your Christian marriage, your Christian marriage, your Christian kids, and see you're no different, no stronger than anybody else-that God, underneath it all, really doesn't change anything (Page 71)." My family, my marriage is guaranteed to be on Satan's hit list. Why stand still when the enemy is moving in? I'm not going to let him have victory when I have the god given tools to use.

I felt I was extremely important to camp out on this area and pray hard! I've spent the last three days praying seriously, specifically and strategically. These days have been focused on protecting my family spiritually by intentionally praying for them. I am realizing I need to dig into God's word as well. I want to become the godly wife and mother they need. I can't do that without being intentional and diligent. This has been in the front of my mind. Growing my relationship with God not only benefits me but directly impacts my family.

I have been praying a lot that the lies Satan tells my husband would be illuminated. I have been praying for his passion, focus and identity in a very similar way I prayed for myself in the pervious days. This is not a drill. Seriously, hear me say, prayer is making a difference!

Today we revisited Dialogue Church and God spoke loud into Justin's heart. Today, after parking on family in my prayer life for three days, he recommitted his life to Jesus Christ! This is no coincidence!!! God has heard my prayer for protection as his heart is softening, and his eyes are opening. This is not a trick or a subconscious reaction. If he's known in the last 3 days that I've been praying for him, he certainly did not know what I've been specifically praying. This account is genuine.

It has been clear that Satan has been pushed back and prayer is the weapon of victory. God does change everything! I've realized I need to claim His promises in prayer saying "You said this and I believe You. Let it be as You say".

In the sermon today (MEology vs Theology) we learned God is eager to save! We saw this in Jonah 3 when God saved the whole city of Nineveh through Jonah's eight word sermon. The scripture we dug into today was Jonah's reaction to this miracle (Jonah 4:1-4). He's furious with God for being so willing to save this group of violent, hatefully people. And that is the beauty of the gospel. No matter what you have done or what has been done to you God will welcome you into His family with compassion and unconditional love. In the same way when you tell God you want His will in your life and ask Him to deliver on His promises He is eager to do it. "You said this and I believe You. Let it be as You say". What parent withholds what is right and good from their child when they ask for it?
 He is the good, good Father!

So, I've been asking God to stamp His truths deep into my heart. I don't want to believe Satan's lies any longer and I need God's help! Like any parent He doesn't want to see His child taken advantage of so He is eager to act. I've been asking  to see the traps he has been setting for me, so I can walk around them and see where prayer is needed. I'm continuing to ask Him to help me hold my focus on Him as well as realize my full identity in Christ and the power it holds. And now I am asking Him to do the same in Justin and Bailey.

Through this serious, specific, and strategic prayers my heart and mind is being freed to pray more directly. Like a precision shooter my aim is gaining accuracy. I am seeing the significance of praying those prayers for my family as well. Priscilla sums up what I'm saying this way, "The way to see the real truth behind whatever's happening in this whole situation of yours is to pray...Prayer is how we isolate the real problems and attack them at the roots. It's how we isolate the real enemy (Page 80)". My family is worth defending and protecting so I will continue fighting hard, on my knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment